Sat Nam. Greetings from New Mexico.
What an amazing and unusual time we are living in right now! I know the pandemic has affected all of us very personally on many levels. I am so grateful for the beauty of our practice of Kundalini Yoga to help us maintain our elevated spirits and bring harmony to these wild times.
Many have been drastically financially affected as well. In that way KRI is no exception. We have had many layoffs here at KRI and are very sad to see some of these dedicated people go. KRI has been built and carried forward by the gifts and strengths of these people and many others as well who have donated time and money and skill to bring these great teachings to the world.
I myself have learned much in my service as CEO for 14 wonderful years. It has been my great privilege to witness, experience and help promote the immense gifts and growth and that these teachings give to thousands of people worldwide.
So it is difficult for me to announce today that I will be retiring a bit earlier than thought, at the end of May. I do this knowing, with humility and wisdom, that this is best to help the current financial aspects of KRI. This decision was made after much inner contemplation and discussion with the KRI Board of Directors. It also allows for a passing on of the large responsibilities of CEO to our next generation of leaders. KRI has an excellent and robust future. Amrit Singh is slated to be the new CEO and President of KRI. He and I have worked closely together over the last several years and I am confident in his capacity to serve, innovate and lead. I will stay on part time to help with the transition.
Of course I will not be retiring my love and teaching of Kundalini Yoga! I look forward to seeing many of you at courses and events and in life. May we all rise and expand in consciousness,
And of course, as always, I am in your service,
All the best with Blessings,
- Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan® – No decisions nor discussions have been had yet. There are rumors out there that KRI has already decided to make changes to the name, “Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan®,” as well as to remove Yogi Bhajan from the Teachings. This discussion has not happened and no decisions have been made. Instead, we are working to set up a collective decision making process so that we can listen deeply to one another and move together into questions like this. Amrit Singh is available to join a zoom call to address concerns such as this, if any group (of local trainers, or trainer teams) would like to arrange such a conversation.
- Online Learning for Teacher Trainers & Teachers
- Visit the Course Catalogue for the Academy here.
- Please email [email protected] with your content expertise and what you’d like to share with the Academy and public!
- Just for fun: here’s an interesting article about cultivating the beginner’s mind by James Clear
- Upcoming Online Courses
- Pedagogy Series continues!
- Dhyan Bhakti K. Khalsa explains Intersex, Gender Non-Conforming & Transgender: ongoing series “Supporting LGBTQI+ Community”
- Dr. Shanti Shanti Kaur: Coronavirus: What to Do! Ongoing Series continues
- Training for Now; with Hari Kaur NYC; Heartstorming the future and supporting the transformational training of Kundalini; beginning every Thursday April 23rd 10:00 to 11:30 EST(NYC)
- Sat Guru Kaur; How to Teach Level One Trauma Informed …date /time tba
- One more time slot added for the CRT update presentation – For any of you that were not able to make the previous zoom calls, we have added one more time slot. If you’d like to hear about the current status of the investigation, what may come afterwards, and have a chance to ask questions, please join us at 8am Mountain Daylight time on Thursday 16 April at this zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/5254726198?pwd=M2FINUxsaHZaV3orZ0pvL3NRQytVZz09
- Please communicate with KRI in your native language – We are truly a global Trainer Academy, and English is not required. Please rest assured that you can email us, anytime and about any topic, in your native language and we will get it translated.
- Level One Student Practicum Evaluation Form now available as a PDF form – Download this PDF form here to allow you to fill out practicum evaluations on your computer.